Financial aid & Scholarships

Financial Aid 

To apply for aid, a student should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online. The application opens on October 1st and the deadline to apply every year is March 2nd. You are able to fill out this application even before you are fully admitted to Humboldt. In fact, we suggest you fill out your FAFSA for Cal Poly Humboldt when applying to make sure your application is completed on time. 

Aid is usually limited for those already holding a bachelor’s degree. However, in addition to unsubsidized loans, graduate students may be eligible for other financial opportunities such as: 

  • Federal Work Study

  • Graduate Assistantships or Teaching Associate Positions 

  • Humboldt Scholarships and Grants 

  • Tuition Fee Waivers 

For more information on the financial aid opportunities available to you as a graduate student, visit the graduate student handbook. Some types of financial aid have specific restrictions; please consult the Financial Aid Office for questions regarding your Financial Aid Award Offer. For more information visit 


Cal Poly Humboldt has many scholarships that could assist you in paying for your education.  Amounts vary from $500 to $4000 annually, and some are renewable.  Humboldt awards approximately $600,000 in scholarships annually. For a full list of scholarships, visit 


HAF/WRCF Universal Application

HAF/WRCF Universal Application offers many scholarship opportunities for graduate students. The Donald Morris Hegy Memorial Fund supports graduate students studying Engineering and Science at Cal Poly Humboldt. The Joseph Sidney Woolford Fund also supports any students who are entering or continuing graduate school at Cal Poly Humboldt State Univeristy.

Deadline: TBA

Apply: Here

Current Students 

Currently enrolled graduate students looking for further information regarding financial aid and scholarships should refer to the appropriate sections of the Graduate Student Handbook.

Other Financial Considerations 

Graduate students registered for 6 units or more are considered full time while students registered for less than 6 units are considered part-time. Please consider this information when calculating expectant costs.